Instructions for Reader Response Paper # 1
- Paper should be a full 3 pages long (not counting cover sheet), double-spaced, 12 pt. type.
- Cover sheet only includes your name, date and assignment title. No graphics or templates. Do not put a heading on first page of paper.
- Select a short story from our readings, or choose more than one story to compare & contrast.
- Decide how you can relate the story to a current or contemporary issue. Stating that the story reflects or demonstrates a contemporary issue will be your ‘thesis’.
- You will support and “prove” your thesis with quotes from the story, from real life examples, from your own experience, or from observations. For example, your thesis could be:
- Once you establish your thesis you then must find quotes in the story and your own experiences to support it.
- Next, make an informal outline or cloud diagram; jot down your “thesis” and list 3 or 4 quotes from the story or your experiences that support it. Sometimes, the figurative language can support your thesis.
- In the first paragraph, explain why you selected the story and clearly explain your “thesis”…the idea you will prove or support.
- In the second paragraph, explain the 4 points of Dramatic Structure. Be especially clear on the conflict.
- In the third paragraph, discuss how the author uses figurative language and at least one major symbol.
- In the following three good paragraphs, support your thesis, using specific lines and examples from the story, or examples from your own experience or observations.
- Put quotes around all quotes from the text book.
- Use correct APA documentation.
- In your concluding paragraph, summarize and briefly restate your thesis.
- “Because of their own culture, teachers can sometimes be insensitive to children from other cultures. “
- “In trying to assimilate, to be accepted by peers, we sometime do (or do not) give up parts of our own identities.”
- “Strong family relationships can be a blessing or they can hinder growth.”
- “Stereotyping and prejudice is still present in American life. “
- “Belonging to two cultures or ethnicities can be challenging.”
Paper will be over “A&P” by John Updike
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay