PART 1: Find three different texts (image, news article, video, film) that you think have been made by and for a “subaltern counterpublic” as Nancy Fraser defines it. Email me links to these three texts. You should look for texts that overlap and relate to each other in their topic, attitude, language
PART : Write a short essay (700-1000 words) that describes the three texts you have settled on. The main purpose of this essay is to make a strong argument that the texts you have selected are part of a subaltern counterpublic. This essay should explicitly reference at least one course reading from both Lessons Six and Seven. As you make this argument, your essay should address:
1. What is a subaltern counterpublic? Define the term specifically drawing on Nancy Fraser’s article and also potentially Michael Warner’s article. Clearly identify aspects of a subaltern counterpublic so that you can proceed to argue that your example demonstrates those aspects.
2. How do these texts oppose themselves to a dominant or mainstream sense of “the public”?
3. What sorts of values do these texts express and how do those values enable them to frame certain issues as “public” issues?
4. Explain how one of these texts operates according to Burke’s dramatic pentad. This pentadic analysis should contribute to the overall argument of the essay (that the text is part of a subaltern counterpublic) in a logical and fluid way. In order for your pentadic analysis to contribute to your argument, you may want to think carefully about how the text describes who/what acts and agents are and how that description may differ from the acts, agents, or other dramatistic elements in a “mainstream” or “dominant” text that your text opposes. Comparing your subaltern counterpublic text with a text that it opposes will help you craft your pentadic reading of the text in such a way as to contribute to the overall argument of the essay.
5. Include embedded links to the texts you are analyzing. As with previous assignments, these links should not be raw URLs in your text but should instead be smoothly integrated with whole words and phrases.
Highlight your definition of subaltern counterpublic in bold text.
Insert comments in your Word document that clearly mark each of the five aspects of the
dramatic pentad you are analyzing.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|