Individual Project 1
Tony was a 16-year-old juvenile who was picked up for driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of marijuana. He was evaluated and taken to juvenile detention.
When speaking to the juvenile justice probation officer, Tony stated that drinking and marijuana was not a serious issue and that his parents did it all the time. With this statement, the juvenile probation officer realized that this was not a one-time thing and that it was related to an unhealthy home environment. The decision was made to send Tony to a treatment program.
Address the following in 2-3 pages:
What methods and techniques would be useful in a juvenile rehabilitation program to help Tony? Explain in detail.
Do you believe that Tony’s family should be part of this treatment? Why or why not?
Would he still be living in his home environment, or would he go into some type of halfway house? Fully explain your reasoning.
What would be the potential repercussions of allowing Tony to live at home? Explain.
- What would be the potential repercussions of forcing Tony to live away from home? Explain.
Using the Internet, research the following addiction recovery programs:
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Rational Recovery
- Relate the techniques of the programs to a cognitive learning theory or behavioral theory.
- For example, you could consider any of the following:
- Social learning theory by Bandura
Assimilation theory by Ausubel
Attribution theory by Weiner
- Gestalt psychology by Tolman
- How do program techniques from the 3 listed treatment programs relate to your selected theory? Explain.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
- Individual Project 2
- If you were a state legislator, and you had the opportunity to rework the juvenile justice system, would it be to the advantage of the taxpayer and the juveniles to split the juvenile courts into two sections? For example, one section would handle status offenders, and one section would handle juvenile delinquents.
- Address the following in 600–900 words:
Would it be to the advantage of the taxpayer and the juveniles to split the juvenile courts into two sections? Explain in detail why or why not.
How would the system decide who would go to a juvenile delinquency court and who would go to a status offender court? Explain.
- Specifically, what would be the advantages? What would be the disadvantages?
Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Why or why not?
Remember to fully support your arguments with scholarly resources.
Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
- FILLER TEXT
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|