Analyze how a cultural product constructs gender (masculinity and femininity).An analysis involves first breaking down the information presented in a work into individual pieces and then examining the pieces to better understand the whole.Consider how it shapes our notions or understanding of what it means to be a woman or man, how it confirms, resists, or revises current gender norms or “rules.”In analyzing the gender construction, take note of how gender intersects with race, class, or any other social construction, and consider the social, historical, and/or political factors at play.
As you analyze, consider the following questions:
- In whatever cultural product you choose – what is the male or female learning about masculinity and femininity in that cultural setting?
- Is there evidence of gender stereotyping and/or gender hierarchy in respect to women and men in positions of power?
- What messages overt or covert does this cultural product send to men and women about how they are supposed to act and what qualities are valued in men and women?
- How does your gender cultural product intersect with other social hierarchies related to the cultural product for example race, class, sexual orientation, age, religion, etc?
- What conclusions can you draw, from doing this assignment, about the way gender is constructed, learned and maintained?
- Minimum 4-6 pages typed in Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced with 1” margins.The Works Cited page is not included in the assigned page length.
- Use a minimum of 3 sources, one of which must be a scholarly peer-reviewed source that you acquire through the library databases. Utilizing scholarly sources—sources from peer-reviewed journals—will improve the level of your analysis.You may use articles from our course text, but not exclusively. You may also use sources from popular media outlets, but their credibility must be evaluated appropriately.
- Remember to integrate the sources into your analysis with appropriate introduction, qualifiers, and to document the sources with academic integrity.
- MLA style format and documentation for parenthetical citations and a Works Cited page.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|