Evaluate a real-world ethical dilemma from the perspective of the heathcare/hospital administrator. You will use your skills and knowledge of ethics and health law as well as role playing to create a postmortem evaluation plan for prevention of future situations to present to your Senior Leadership team and the Board of Governors. A postmortem analysis is performed after the fact to evaluate the situation and identify a plan for prevention of future incidents.
Choose one of the cases on end-of-life on pages 294-298 in Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics.
Create a 15-17 slide presentation (using PowerPoint or a similar application) evaluating this case and providing recommendations of this case. Your presentation should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and rationale
- Assessment of the case from the following perspectives:
- Ethical – describe the ethical principles involved and expectations for all involved.
- Legal – define and argue the legal implications for each party. Explain health laws involved and the influence of the legal environment at the time of this case.
- Regulatory compliance – examine regulatory standards and compliance involved.
- Health reform – illustrate how this case and your role as administrator are different now due to changes in health law and expectations from health reform.
- Recommendations – argue at least three recommendations for the current and future prevention of this type of situation in your facility.
- Action plan for prevention – create an action plan for prevention explaining how you would implement these recommendations.
Your presentation should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 15- 17 slides in length, not including the cover or reference slides.
- Be formatted according to the APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of ten (10) scholarly articles.
- Use correct terminology pertaining to the law and ethics.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
- Introduction and Description
- Action Plan for Prevention
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|