Please answer the following questions:
Chapter 4: Structurally Diverse Families
Reread the In The Classroom: Grandparents Becoming Parents case study presented at the beginning of the chapter 4 (pg. 95) and respond to the following questions:
1. What does Susan Meyer need to do to collaborate with Zach’s grandparents about his behavior issues? What support/ interventions can you offer as the school counselor to support to the teacher?
2. What issues should the teacher and principal consider when working with his grandparents?
3. How is this situation different when viewed from each perspective: the teacher’s, the principal’s, and the grandparents’? What role might the school counselor play in working with all three perspectives?
Chapter 5: Culturally Diverse Families
Reread the In The Classroom: The Quiet Child case study presented at the beginning of the chapter 5 (pg. 132) and respond to the following questions:
1. What attitudes or preconceived notions does Clara Simpson have about Sarah and her family? How does that affect her teaching effectiveness with Sarah?
2. What family engagement strategies has the teacher tried? Have they been effective? Why or why not?
3. Using a model of culturally responsive family support, what other family engagement strategies should the teacher try to help Sarah be successful in class?
Chapter 10: Teacher as Family Communication Facilitator
Reread the In the Classroom: Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences case study presented at the beginning of the chapter 10 and respond to the following questions:
1. What strengths is his grandmother exhibiting? What concerns does she have?
2. What can Kate do to turn this conference into a positive communication experience for both herself and Travis’s grandmother? What support can you provide as a professional school counselor or teacher?
3. Noting the types of communication that Kate has used at this point, what types of follow-up communication could be done with Travis’s grandmother to improve the home-school relationship and provide her support for educating Travis? How can the school counselor and teacher offer support?
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay