Complete the “Try This” activity from GCF’s Practice Evaluating Information.
Watch the videos listed below. Note the key points as you view the videos.
- VIDEO CLIP: Fake News” Sites and Effects on Democracy (4:44)
New York Magazine’s Max Read discusses his piece examining the rise of “fake news” and whether the internet is a reliable tool for furthering democracy.
- VIDEO CLIP: Satire vs Fake News (1:35)
Cole Bolton and Chad Nackers talked about their satirical publication, The Onion, and the intent of political satire versus misinformation.
- Video Clip: Alicia Shepard – Pause Before you Retweet (1:38)
Alicia Shepard discusses emotional reactions to “click-bait” style news, which may or may not be true.
Answer the following questions using complete sentences.
- How is a particular audience targeted?
- What types of news can be created?
- Who could be the sources of “Fake News?”
- What could be the goals of the creators?
- Explain how you can identify fake news and how it can possibly affect the public
- Your completed responses should be submitted in a Word document with 1″ margins.
- Use 12 point Arial font and double space the text.
- Place your name in the header on the top left.
- If you use additional resources, properly cite the sources using APA style.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.We dont use AI in our work. We refund your money if AI is detected
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity.We have ZERO TOLERANCE TO USE OF AI
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay