Compose a brief document of between 250 and 500 words (approximately 1½ to 2 pages long) explaining one of the following aspects of academic policy bellow. Read about the policy or procedure and explain it fully, describing it in your own words rather than merely copying what is in the original document. Be sure you use the rubric to help you complete the assignment successfully.
After completing your explanation of the policy, add 150 to 200 words (one to two paragraphs) indicating how the embedded rubric helped you to focus and improve your assignment.
In your assignment you should:
- Explain the policy/procedure completely and accurately.
- Describe the policy in your own words rather than copying the description on the website.
- Provide at least one example of a situation that might bring a student into contact with the policy.
- Check to make sure your description is well organized and clearly written, with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Indicate how using the rubric helped you to focus and improve your assignment. [MO 1.2, MO 1.3]
Your assignment will automatically be submitted through SafeAssign, a tool for promoting originality and detecting plagiarism.
Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment
Thomas Edison State University is committed to maintaining an academic environment free from discrimination and harassment. The University prohibits sexual harassment and discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, or affectional or sexual orientation, disability or nationality.
Hostile environment harassment based on any of these protected categories is also prohibited. Sexual harassment refers to unwelcome conduct based on a person’s sex, including sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a condition of an individual’s academic success.
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for academic decisions affecting an individual.
- Such conduct interferes with an individual’s academic performance or creates a hostile academic environment.
Any student who believes that he or she has been sexually harassed or discriminated against by a mentor or College staff member should file a complaint with the University’s Title IX Coordinator and Equity/Diversity Office Heather Brooks, email@example.com. If a student believes that another student has harassed or discriminated against him or her, the student should file a complaint with the Office of the Associate Vice President and Dean of Learner Services at (609) 984-1141, ext. 3090, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are encouraged to make timely reports so that a satisfactory resolution is more likely.
Policy Against Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
Any of the following acts are prohibited and could lead to suspension or dismissal from the University:
If a student acts with the purpose to bully, intimidate, and harass another person by:
- Making, or causing to be made, a communication or communications (including the use of electronic and/or social media) anonymously or at extremely inconvenient hours, or in offensively coarse language, or any other manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm; or
- Subjecting another to striking, kicking, shoving, or other offensive touching, or threatening to do so; or
- Engaging in any other course of alarming conduct or of repeatedly committed acts with purpose to alarm or seriously annoy such other person, such that the behavior substantially disrupts or interferes with the orderly operation of the institution or the rights of other students to participate in or benefit from the education program.
This policy is in addition to the University’s Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment. Issues arising from this policy will be investigated and adjudicated in accordance with the University’s Non-Academic Code of Conduct.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay