Each student is required to respond to each question as thoroughly as possible, evidencing that you have read and interpreted the reading(s) that address the questions. Try to answer each question in the order in which it is given and to the best of your ability.
Be thorough and creative! Each answer should span no less than one well written paragraph ( I would prefer two) and should be written in Times New Roman 12-point font within 1-inch margins; while I have given the range as a guideline, I am more concerned with the quality of the work instead of the quantity.
Grade of A
This paper is insightful. It addresses the assignment in a way that indicates your comprehension of the assignment itself as well as an understanding of the underlying issues within the readings. The message is communicated clearly, concisely, and directly. There is a confidence in this writing. Paper ideas are written within your own words and passages/ sentences from readings are placed in quotations. No to very minimal grammar, spelling and other writing issues. There is only one idea per paragraph and no paragraph spans more than 5-7 sentences with clearly stated topic sentences.
Grade of B
The paper meets, and at times, exceeds the basic requirements of the assignment. The paper indicates that you are beginning, at times, to think through and deal with major ideas in the assignment. The message is communicated with generally effective clarity, directness, and conciseness. Paper ideas are written within your own words, for the most part and passages/ sentences from readings are placed in quotations, for the most part. Some minor grammar, spelling and other writing issues are evident. Paper may have a few instances where there is more than one idea per paragraph and a few paragraphs may span more than 5-7 sentences with clearly stated topic sentences.
Grade of C
The paper offers minimal insight into the greater issues of the assignment and it meets the basic requirements. The message, for the most part, is reasonably clear, concise, and direct, although there are clear problems with your writing.
Due: No later than Sunday, October 13th by 11:59pm in Drop box in eLearn.
- Given the excerpts, what are the views of Emmanuel Kant and Hume about Africa? Be clear and concise. You must evidence that you have read the readings on eLearn and not from another source or from the internet.
- According to Yefru’s Introduction, what is his point about how Alexander Crummell and Edward Blyden’s view Africa? Demonstrate from the text and your own interpretation why you come to the conclusion that you come to. Why do you think Yefru is including this discussion in an introductory text to African-centered critical thinking? For full credit, you must discuss how Crummell and Blyden’s ideas similar to Kant and Hume’s ideas about civilization and religion?
- Using Yefru’s Introduction discuss Yefru’s point about Placide Temples. For full credit discuss Yefru’s points in your own words.
- Using Nkulu’s article on “African Epistemology,” compare and contrast the “supernatural path of knowledge” with the “natural cognitive modes” of knowledge? Define each and describe how they are similar and different by way of examples? Last, describe the third category of knowledge.
- Using Yefru’s Introduction which category of epistemology would Anton-Wilhelm Amo fall under? Describe who Amo is and what is his major contribution is?
- How does African epistemology, as explained in Nkulu’s work, regardless of path, challenge Hume, Kant and Temples’ perspectives on Africa? Be specific. You may have to refer back to your notes on Hume, Kant and Temples above.
(Will provide pictures from the textbook)
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay