To prepare for your Final Paper (due in Week Five), complete the following assignment and submit it to your instructor for feedback. Your paper should include a problem statement, outline, and annotated bibliography.
Outline: Using the sample below as a guide, provide an outline for your Final Paper. Remember that papers are expected to define a significant problem faced by the justice system, describe the scope and consequences of the problem, and discuss society’s responses to the problem (including public policies and other less formal responses). Your paper should also present a clearly reasoned alternative, supported by scholarly research.
- What is the problem? Be sure to narrow your problem enough to allow a focused examination.
- What are the individual and social implications of this problem? Discussion of implications should be supported by accurate research data.
- What do the experts say about the problem?
- What have we, as a society, done about this problem? Consider public policies and other, less formal responses.
- How are public policies and other, less formal responses working?
- Describe an alternative solution to the problem.
- Discuss why the alternative is, or can be, an effective response to the problem. Remember to consider negative consequences of the alternative response.
- Conclude with your thoughts about your chosen social problem. This is a good place to include personal opinions, assuming you wish to share them in a research paper.
In short, define a problem, discuss the response, and provide alternative responses to the problem. For example, your problem could be drug use/abuse, with a focus on prescription drug abuse among teenagers. Your description of the problems should be fact based, relying on expert opinion. Your alternative can be an adjustment of current policy or a new direction. For example, you may propose longer prison sentences, or legalization of all drugs. Be creative, although suggestions must be supported by scholarly research.
Annotated Bibliography: The purpose of creating a list of sources is to assist you in organizing and evaluating your research. The list should include the following information for each source (minimum of five):
- Name of the source, including the complete bibliographic citation in proper APA format.
- Summary of the source (at least one paragraph) including how this source will contribute to your paper.
The paper must be three to five pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources (at least three of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and sub-claims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|