Write a literary essay on Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee
Novel: Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee
Be aware that you will be writing about a novel, which in its broadest sense is any extended fictional narrative almost always in prose, in which the representation of character is often the focus. Good authors use the elements of fiction, such as plot, theme, setting etc. purposefully, with a very clear goal in mind. One of the paths to literary analysis is to discover what the author’s purpose is with each of his choices. Avoid the problem that many students have, which is to hold the erroneous assumption that simply retelling what happened in detail is good enough (no, it is not). Plot summary is necessary, but not the intended goal in a literary essay.
In addition to being written at college-level, your essay must meet the following criteria.
- Include an introduction with a clear thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Use at least three quotes from the book.
- When citing your sources, use MLA style for literary essays. It is helpful to keep your handbook open to the MLA tab as you write.
- Minimum 850 words (more complex topics might require more)
- Use specific supporting details from the book and at least two from outside sources. (PLEASE FIND ATTACHED THE WORKS CITED YOU NEED TO USE)
- Read Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee in its entirety before beginning your paper. Take notes as you read. Mark some interesting passages and save necessary source information (such as page numbers) for your in-text documentation and your Works Cited list.
- Think about the topic (The use of Symbolism in Disgrace by Coatzee) and approach you chose. Do not simply repeat or summarize the story.
- Write your well-constructed thesis, topic sentences, supporting details roughly before beginning. (Thesis Statement elaborated before: Symbolism in Coatzee’s novel explains the disgrace in Professor Lurie’s life and the profound focus on dogs works further to communicate the author’s mood in the story.)
- Write a minimum 850-word (or more if necessary) for a good literary essay.
- Use formal language and the third person, avoiding personal anecdotes and eliminating all references to yourself at all (I believe, in my opinion, etc).
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|