All throughout this unit, you have learned what is Biology and what it is about. All of the activities and applies have been preparing you to complete this unit project. Now it is time to demonstrate what you have learned. Some questions may require you to research ahead in your textbook or to review information from previous chapters.
- Click on the link in the Red Box to view the Project Rubrics for this project.
- Both Section A and Section B are required for the Project.
- You must follow all instructions to avoid losing points on the assignment.
- All attached submission MUST have a proper header that include your name and assignment title.
|Your Name: John Doe Doe|
|Your Assignment Title: Unit 1Lesson 1: What Is Biology|
Section A: Short Answer Questions (40 points)
Answer the questions in space provided. (150 word minimum response)
- In your own words Discuss why carbon is essential to life on Earth. (150 word minimum response)
- Describe the structures of proteins and nucleic acids, and discuss the functional relationship between these two types of organic compounds. (150 word minimum response)
- Discuss enzymes. Include a definition, a description of the role of enzymes, and a discussion of how an enzyme works. (150 word minimum response)
- What is a chemical reaction? Use correct vocabulary in your response, and provide an example of a chemical reaction.
Section B: Virtual Lab (60) points: Organic Molecules
ALL LABS REQUIRE A COMPLETE AND PROPERLY FORMATTED LAB REPORT; ANY ASSIGNMENT THAT DOES NOT HAVE A LAB REPORT WILL BE GIVEN A FAILING GRADE. A SAMPLE REPORT FORMAT CAN BE FOUND ON THE LINK BELOW.
- Biology Lab Report Outline
- To open the links below, right click on the link and open it in a new tab or window.
Cells contain many organic molecules. These molecules are essential to life. Many of them are acquired from the food we eat. In this lab you will study carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You will learn how to test for each of these organic molecules by clicking on the links below. Complete each of the tests for carbohydrates, proteins and fats. When you have finished click on the foods link to test for the presence of which organic compounds are found in various common foods.
After you complete your lab report, respond to the following prompt.
|Key Points To Remember|
|1. Unless you are asked for a list, ALL answers to the questions should be written in complete sentences, utilizing proper lesson vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.|
|2. If you are asked to draw any images for an assignment, pictures from the internet will not be accepted as a substitute.|
|3. If you have to complete a virtual lab, all labs require a complete and properly formatted lab report. A link to a sample report can be found in the lesson folder; a second report outline is also located on the lab assignment page.|
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|