THE ASSIGNMENT: The transfer or waiving of juveniles to adult criminal court has long had its’ proponents and nay-sayers. In this assignment, you’ll take a look at four specific cases and determine if you would transfer this juvenile to the adult criminal court, supporting your views. Each response must be written in complete sentences, with correct grammar and punctuation.
Review the four cases – Manny, Shawn, Marquese, and Jose – at the below link. At the same link, review the Facts, Stats, & History and Little Criminals links.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/juvenile/ (Links to an external site.)
- Provide a brief summary of each case and your decision to either transfer/waive the youth to adult criminal court or leave them in the juvenile justice system. Fully support your views with facts (i.e. Do they meet the basic criteria to be transferred/waived?). What factors did you consider? For each of the four cases, what would be the pros and cons of having the youth in your chosen court system (juvenile or adult)?
In addition, address the below questions:
- What are the minimally required due process rights of a juvenile at a judicial waiver hearing?
- How does the juvenile justice system benefit from transferring/waiving juveniles to the adult criminal court system?
- Overall, what are your views of transferring/waiving? What is the best way to handle youth who commit heinous crimes?
THE PURPOSE: Students will analyze cases of transfer of youth to criminal court.
- Cover page: With the following identifiers: Assignment 3, Student’s Name, Course Name, Instructor’s Name, and Date.
- Header: Single-spaced, aligned to the right.
- Body of the paper: Double-spaced, normal margins.
- Font: 12 point font, Times New Roman or Arial, black print.
- Paper length: Minimum of three full pages. This does not include your cover page or reference page.
- Sources: Required.
- Format: American Psychological Association (APA) style of citation.
- Submitting: Must be uploaded into IvyLearn as an attachment.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|