Systems Dynamics Application Case Study
“System dynamics is a method for studying the world around us. Unlike other scientists, who study the world by breaking it up into smaller and smaller pieces, system dynamicists look at things as a whole. The central concept to system dynamics is understanding how all the objects in a system interact with one another” (MIT, 1997.) Note that in system dynamics, the interrelationships between components is just as important as individual components. This assignment requires you to research systems theory and apply systems theory and systems dynamics concepts to a real-world supply chain management case study.
To complete this assignment:
- Start by searching online sources for “Systems Theory” and “Systems Dynamics.” In particular, consider the work of Jay Forrester as seminal.
- Review the attached Toba, Tomasini, and Yang article you read in this unit’s study activity. As you review, consider how you can apply the concepts of systems theory you located during your search to improve the organization’s supply chain model.
- Write a 3–4 page paper applying systems theory and systems dynamics to the Toba et al. case to evaluate the efficacy of Kaiser Permanente’s current supply chain model.
- Evaluate the supply chain’s overall performance and business impact.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the supply chain’s techniques, including process management, inventory management, capacity planning, and constraint management.
- Identify which processes in the supply chain could most benefit from statistical analysis. Consider statistical tools that you have been introduced to in prior coursework. Where could you use statistical analysis to improve the performance of the organization’s supply chain?
As you complete your assignment, be sure your paper meets the following guidelines:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: All resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 3–4 typed double-spaced pages (cover page and references page not included)
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Turnitin: Submit your paper to Turnitin prior to submitting it for grading.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|