Should marijuana be removed from pre-employment drug screening?
Employers are facing a conundrum. Should they stop testing applicants for marijuana use now that more states have legalized it for medicinal or recreational purposes and popular acceptance of the substance has spread?
Twenty-eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana. Eight of those states (Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, Washington) and the District of Columbia have also legalized marijuana for recreational use.
But the drug remains illegal under federal law, and employers have the right to test for it, even in states where the substance is legal. Not only does federal law conflict with some states’ laws, but state laws also vary, sometimes significantly, challenging multistate employers.
Please read the full article in the tab ” blackboard discussion” and discuss the following questions.
1. Should marijuana be removed from pre-employment drug screening? Discuss some of the reasons for and against and give your opinion.
2. Can an employee be terminated for testing positive for marijuana, despite have a medical prescription?
3. What are the financial implications for a company with and without a policy? provide a recent case to support your position.
4. Research and discuss how some states are responding to changing views regarding marijuana. How is employment law in Florida responding?
5. Discuss, reference a case to support you points.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|