It’s time to begin your course project in which you will research a law enforcement agency. You will complete this part of the project in the following three steps.
Step One: Research and select a law enforcement agency that you will research throughout the course.
- This project will help you learn more about the specific functions and duties of a law enforcement agency.
- Take some time to research and identify a law enforcement agency that is of interest to you.
- Select a law enforcement agency/department in your area and one that you can either schedule a ride-along or interview. Examples include your local police department, sheriff’s office, state police/state patrol, state DNR, or a federal agency with an office near you.
- You should select a department that you have an interest in learning more about, that you may wish to work for in the future, or that that you have a contact.
- Look for an organizational chart, Annual Report, and other units of the department as you will need this information for your later assignments.
- Part of the project is to also complete a ride-along/interview with a law enforcement officer from the agency you selected.
Step Two: Contact the law enforcement agency that you want to conduct a ride-along/interview with.
- When you call the agency, explain that you are respectfully requesting a ride-along or interview. Keep in mind that not all agencies provide ride-along opportunities.
- Be prepared to complete a written application for a ride-along and also a background check. Most law enforcement agencies require a background check for ride-alongs. Also, it can take several weeks to schedule the ride-along interview, so this is why one of your requirements in Module 01 is to contact the law enforcement agency and to schedule the ride-along/interview.
Step Three: Submit a paper that paper that includes the following requirements:
- The law enforcement agency that student has chosen to research for the course project.
- Why student selected specific agency and what student hopes to learn from the project and ride-along/interview.
- What efforts student has made to contact agency to schedule ride-along/interview and what the agency’s response was.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|