Prior to beginning work on this video presentation, read Plea and Charge Bargaining: Research Summary (Links to an external site.) and The Unnecessary Evil of Plea Bargaining: An Unconstitutional Conditions Problem and a Not-So-Least Restrictive Alternative (Links to an external site.). Additionally, watch Due Process: Let’s Make a Deal: The Plea Bargain (Aired 12/9/12) (Links to an external site.).
Well over 90% of criminal cases in the United States are concluded through a plea bargain—a significant number of those for the crime initially charged (the defendant does not plead guilty to a lesser crime than charged). As future criminal justice professionals, it is important for you to fully understand the purposes, goals, and procedures for plea agreements. In this video presentation, weigh the significance of plea bargains and the impact eliminating them would have upon the criminal justice system. Pay close attention to the limited role that judges play in plea bargains. Choose your side wisely; you will be defending your position in your video!
Prepare a two- to three-minute video presentation with detailing the following information:
- Explain the plea bargaining process.
- List the elements of a valid plea bargain.
- Define the role of a judge in the plea bargaining process.
- Create and provide an opinion on whether plea bargaining is a benefit to the United States criminal justice system and why.
- If you are in favor of continuing plea bargaining, address arguments against its continued prevalence.
- If you are against continuing plea bargaining, address arguments for its continued prevalence.
Please note that oral presentations will take place in the Canvas discussion forum. This oral presentation will be available for both the instructor and your fellow classmates to view.
Recording or uploading a video:
- Write a script. Name and save your script as a MS Word document. (The script will be used for reference while you record your video and may be used as a transcript for accessibility purposes.)
- Record your presentation using the Canvas video tool. Review the Canvas Video Submission Instructions on how to create a video post using your computer’s webcam.
- As an alternative, you may use an external platform called Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.). Please review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide instructions in order to get started. This guide will familiarize you with the tool and review how to upload your video to the classroom.
- If you choose to use another video recording tool for your submission, such as a cell phone or digital video camera, upload your video to YouTube (Android (Links to an external site.) or iPhone & iPad (Links to an external site.)) or other web-based video platform, obtain a link, and paste your video link within your initial post in this discussion forum.
- Paste your script within your initial post in this discussion forum.
For advice and information on webcam presentations, see Webcam Recording Do’s and Don’ts (Links to an external site.).
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|