Top Frame Tabs
- NHS5004 – Sep 09 2019 to Nov 15 2019 – Section 03
- Unit 4
- Upload Assignment: [u04a1] Unit 4 Assignment 1
Upload Assignment: [u04a1] Unit 4 Assignment 1
1. Assignment Information
- Due Date Sunday, October 6, 2019 11:59 PM Points Possible 100
Demonstrating Effective Leadership SafeAssign Submission
For this assignment, imagine that you are the manager of a health care organization confronting a number of issues potentially affecting the provision of safe, high-quality health care practices. You have decided to focus first on the issue that has particular relevance to your area of specialization or professional goals, or that presents a situation you might expect to encounter in your leadership role. As you consider an appropriate course of action to address this issue, you have decided to begin by searching the case study literature with the intention of possibly gaining insight into the actions of other health care leaders who have dealt with similar issues and may have provided a sound solution to the problem or issues they faced.
Select a Case Study
A colleague with whom you have spoken about this has recommended the Buchbinder, Shanks, and Buchbinder textbook, Cases in Health Care Management, as an excellent case study reference. For your convenience, Appendix B lists all cases by topic (Leadership, Management, Quality/Patient Safety, Finance, Healthcare Professionals/Human Resources, Health Disparities/Cultural Competence, Ethics/Law/Conflict of Interest, Crossing the Line/Fraud) and by primary and secondary settings.In the Cases in Health Care Management textbook, locate a case study that most closely aligns with the issue you have decided to address. In addition, be sure that your selected case study will enable you to:
- Analyze the factors contributing to a problematic health care issue.
- Assess the effectiveness of a particular leadership approach in building and maintaining interprofessional collaborative relationships.
- Assess the health care leader’s ability to communicate effectively to manage and resolve a particular health care issue.
- Assess a leader’s ability to manage professional responsibilities and priorities in resolving a particular health care issue.
- Determine predictors of a leader’s effectiveness in addressing health care issues involving ethical practice, diversity, or inclusion.
- Determine how the scholar-practitioner model might be applied in resolving a particular health care issue.
Remember, do not to use case studies 9, 65, or 67. These case studies are used elsewhere in the course. Select a case that aligns with the assignment criteria. The case studies in the textbook may not supply all of the information you need. In such cases, you should consider a variety of possibilities and draw plausible inferences.
Write a Case Study Analysis
Write an analysis of your chosen case study.
- Be clear and concise. Express your main points, arguments, and conclusion coherently.
- Use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Support your claims, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from scholarly sources.
- Minimize the use of direct quotes; it is your analysis of the case, in conjunction with your knowledge, experience, and the literature in the field and its application to the case and practice that is assessed.
- Use correct APA formatting for the paper, including in-text citations and references.
Include the following information in your paper analysis:
- Provide an introduction that includes your thesis statement and explains what the paper is about.
- Analyze the factors that you believe contributed to each issue.
- Remember, the case study may not supply all of the information you need. In such cases, consider a variety of possibilities and draw plausible inferences.
- Provide a detailed discussion of these contributing factors, citing references to support your response.
- Assess the leadership approach of the leader(s).
- Identify the leadership approach(es) or styles.
- Does this approach make the leader more or less effective in communicating and building relationships across disciplines?
- How likely is it that this leader will be able to build and maintain such relationships with other communities and leaders.
- Determine how well this leader communicates.
- Analyze the role of communication and communication strategies in effectively managing and resolving the issues.
- Analyze the communication strategies or best practices demonstrated in the case that could be applied to improve outcomes? Provide examples.
- Assess the leader’s ability to manage professional responsibilities and priorities in resolving issues.
- What areas might be identified as strengths? Areas for growth?
- What lessons could you take away from this case that could be applied in similar situations or by other leaders?
- Determine how the scholar-practitioner model might be applied.
- Describe the scholar-practitioner model
- Consider how theory, research, and the published work in the field, in conjunction with experience and professional knowledge might be used to develop strategies to analyze and resolve the problems or issues identified.
- Determine how effectively the leader addressed any concerns involving ethical practice, diversity, and inclusion.
- What key lessons does this case provide for leaders? Use examples to clarify and support your ideas.
- Include a concluding paragraph that restates or summarizes the most important points.
Paper Format and References
- Recommended length: 4–6 pages not including title page, abstract, and reference page.
- An example of the Capella formatted title page is located in the APA Style Tutorial paper.
- An APA-style paper template and associated tutorial are provided in the resources to help you in writing and formatting your paper.
- For the cover page, include the title of the case study you have chosen.
- For example, your title could read: “Demonstrating Effective Leadership: Case Study 82 – When Yes Means No,” or “Case 83 – Emergency Divert Status.”
- Include the case study in your references and use in-text citations when appropriate.
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- References: Cite at least 4–5 different sources. These can come from peer-reviewed journals or other scholarly resources, the assigned unit readings, and other reputable resources.
The assignment requirements outlined correspond to the grading criteria in the Demonstrating Effective Leadership Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.Example assignment: You may use the Demonstrating Effective Leadership Example Paper, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
u04a1 Submission Requirements
- Submit the first draft of your Demonstrating Effective Leadership paper to SafeAssign.
Access SafeAssign in the courseroom’s left navigation menu. When you submit your paper to SafeAssign, you will receive an originality report with feedback on the use of references and citations. You may use this feedback to make adjustments before you submit your draft to your instructor for their feedback. You will also use this information to make revisions in preparation for the final paper submission in Unit 5.
- When you are satisfied with your paper draft, submit it to this assignment by the end of Unit 4, Sunday, 11:59 PM CST. Doing so will generate a new SafeAssign report that both you and your instructor can see. Your instructor will provide feedback to you on the use of citations, referencing, and paraphrasing. The information generated from SafeAssign and the instructor feedback will be used to help guide you in improving the use of paraphrased, synthesized, and quoted materials as you grow in your scholarly writing ability.
- Note: There is no minimum percentage requirement for your SafeAssign originality report, and the report information will not be utilized in the grading criteria for this assignment. It is helpful to check with your specific instructor regarding originality scores and suggested ranges.
Once you submit your paper in this assignment, your instructor will automatically receive the report. Your instructor will enter a score noting the completion of the submission (100%) but this is not reflective of the revisions that may be needed.
- Note that a high SafeAssign match percentage may indicate that you have issues with proper citations/references and/or plagiarism. Please note that headings, common phrases and references may match, which is to be expected, and your instructor will take this into account. You must pay attention to the SafeAssign match percentage for the further development of your paper.
- Your instructor will enter their feedback comments regarding the originality report that you can access and review on your “My Grades” page. The “My Grades” page is in the left navigation menu. If your instructor has any additional concerns regarding the originality report, he or she may contact you privately to assist you.
- You will use this feedback to make revisions to your paper, and you will submit the final version of your paper in Unit 5.
Submit your draft of Demonstrating Effective Leadership to Smarthinking by the end of Unit 4, Sunday, 11:59 PM CST.
- Allow 24–48 hours to receive the Smarthinking report and make any revisions in preparation for submission of the final paper in Unit 5.
- To retrieve your Smarthinking Tutor comments, click on Review My Sessions and Submission, and you will see the name of your document.
- Click on Tutor Response to download the report.
You will submit the Smarthinking Report with the final paper in Unit 5 so be sure to save the report. Submitting the paper to Smarthinking is required for this first paper.If you would like assistance in organizing your assignment, or if you simply have a question about your assignment, please do not hesitate to ask your courseroom instructor or the teaching assistants in the NHS Learner Success Lab for guidance and suggestions. If you want more assistance with writing, you can ask your instructor for a referral to a writing coach.â€‹
- Demonstrating Effective Leadership SafeAssign Submission Scoring Guide.
- NHS Learner Success Lab.
- Demonstrating Effective Leadership Example [PDF].
- APA Style and Format.
- APA Style Paper Template [DOCX].
- APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX].
- Ask Your Teaching Assistant.
- Capella Scholar Practitioner Model | Transcript.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|