Class name: Edu Governance, History & Phil
1) Two of the most important questions you will address as a classroom teacher:
- How do students learn?
- How can I use my understanding of learning to teach more effectively?
Reflect upon these questions and then provide your own personal responses to these key questions. As part of your answer, be sure that you support your personal opinions with examples and supporting material from relevant literature.
2) Answer the questions about “James Otto and the Pi Man” on Slide 9 of this module week and post your responses.
Part of question 2
James Otto and the Pi Man: A Constructivist Tale by C. Funk from Phi Delta Kappan, November 2003
The introduction to this article offers the following overview: “Instead of teaching his fifth-graders a formula, a teacher leads them to discover an important mathematical concept on their own. Following the students through this process, Ms. Funk demonstrates the power of constructivist learning, an approach that seems to be at risk in this age of accountability and testing.”
Consider once again the principles of constructivist learning theory. The Funk article takes us from theory to classroom practice, and presents a compelling case for learning through discovery as “the very essence of meaningful learning and retention.”
Question to 2
Use the following questions to help guide you as you read James Otto and the Pi Man:
- What aspects of constructivism are evident in Pi Man’s classroom?
- Would you describe this assignment as discovery learning? Give specific examples from the article.
- What does it mean when the author says the teacher gave his students “tools rather than answers”?
- Would this method be feasible in a typical classroom? Why or why not?
- What is the value of this kind of teaching and learning, as described in the article?
- What are some ways you might use the strategies and type of instruction depicted in this article?
Article Review 3b:
The Genius of Design” by J. Spencer, Educational Leadership, Mary 2017, Vol. 74, No. 6, pp. 16-21
Brain Response Submission 3b:
Students submit a Brain Response Template (found in Doc Sharing) for each of John Medina’ Brain Rules, 1-3. Submit the three response summaries as one document into the folder for this under Assignments.
“Brain Rules” by John Medina
Medina has emerged as a leading expert on current brain research and presents his 12 “brain rules” for providing a sensory-rich learning environment. Research-based on physical and social sciences, these rules are critical to teachers and students.
Try looking on google. Also layout attached.
Class name: ESOL Found:Cross-Cultural Com:
- How does understanding language as an integrative and communicative system help us better understand the needs of our English Language Learners?
- Thanks to the variety of forces that influenced the development of the English language over the course of the past 1,500 years, ELs are faced with learning a language that is rich and complex but is also characterized by numerous “exceptions to the rules.” If you could simplify the English language, what would be one aspect of the language that is at the top of your list? Explain your choice.
I have the assignment attached.
Class Name: Mathematics in Elem School:
Read the following Math Concepts article, The Skyscraper Project.
Explain the importance of project-based learning that students engaged in during the Skyscraper activity and why the use of manipulatives was meaningful in the project.
Teaching is a highly self-reflective practice. How can the habit of reviewing student work and assessment data encourage educators to evaluate their own practices toward instructional improvement and better curriculum decisions?
Class Name: Reading Foundations Elem:
Students will summarize the principles for classroom practice pertaining to Students Speaking Diverse Languages and Dialects on p. 56. Also, review pages 57-61 in the textbook on Dialects and Reading Strategies. Discuss how teachers can assist ELLs in their ability to develop their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills by doing the following: drawing upon their background knowledge and motivation; using culturally relevant materials and motivation, and effectively monitor oral reading (dialect) miscues.
I will get screenshot from textbook!
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|