Global Energy Analysis
Worldwide energy consumption varies dramatically, but the impacts are shared by all. The most commonly used fuel sources for energy around the world are the fossil fuels: coal, oil, and natural gas. Combustion of fossil fuels releases pollutants into the atmosphere, where the emissions from all countries combine to cause local, regional, and global issues. One of the primary pollutants of concern is carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas. Carbon dioxide emissions are responsible for climate change and governments around the world have taken steps to control pollution, but not all countries are successful in reducing carbon emissions.
While all countries produce pollution, and emit greenhouse gases, the emissions are greatly unequal across the globe. Consider what kinds of factors would determine how much energy is used by a country, a region, a household, or an individual. What factors would influence the fuel choices made by these people and institutions?
In this Assignment, you will be using knowledge you have gained from the Reading assignments in your textbook. You can also use the Kaplan Online Library and other scientifically-based sources to support your assignment. Please keep in mind that Wikipedia is not considered a reliable resource.
Conduct research to determine the common fuel sources, emissions, and regulations of a country of your choice and create a PowerPoint presentation designed to educate your classmates.
- Define fossil fuels, non-renewable resources and alternative energy.
- Identify a country that uses a fossil fuel as its primary source of emissions.
- Discuss why the country continues to rely on fossil fuels.
- Provide examples of manufactured products or agriculture that are dependent upon fossil fuel use in that country.
- Discuss both the local and global impacts of the continued use of fossil fuels. Remember to reflect on the environment, human health and financial concerns in both the long- and short-term.
- What regulations has the country put in place to reduce or control emissions or air pollution? How effective have these regulations been?
- Describe what solutions or new regulations you would implement in order to reduce fossil fuel usage in this country?
- Global efforts are being made to reduce fossil fuel usage and pollution. Analyze possible cultural differences and diversity concepts that would emerge if you recommended your changes stated above to another country? For example, what language barriers or religious and social differences would you encounter? Describe how countries can bridge cultural differences through strategic partnerships.
A PowerPoint template is available for your use in creating this presentation. The template should be used as a guide only. Add your own wording into this template by writing over the existing information on each slide. The PowerPoint presentation should contain approximately 10 slides in total.
Information provided on the slides should be brief and bulleted. In the notes section, you will include your all your talking points as you would present them to your audience. Remember, you want to tell the story during the presentation rather than having your audience reading your slides along with you during the entire presentation. The KU Writing Center has an excellent resource on Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations:
The presentation slides should:
- Include a title slide, introductory slide, in-text citations where applicable, conclusion slide and a reference slide.
- Use images (with citations) as appropriate to create an effective and professional presentation.
- Include short descriptions and labels. Do not write out full paragraphs of information on each slide.
- Be free of industry-jargon. Be mindful of your audience.
- Use APA style for all citations.
- Avoid plagiarism. Do not cut and paste directly from the source in the slides. Note: no more than 10% of your paper should be directly quoted from any outside source.
- Utilize a minimum of three reliable resources.
- Make certain that your presentation is free of grammar and spelling errors.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|