There’s a whole world of creativity out there to explore. Most of us probably think of paintings and sculpture when someone asks us, “What is art?” but the reality is that art encompasses so much more. There are many mediums to investigate, so many different techniques and methods of producing objects of beauty, and there are the art forms that encompass movement, sound, and performance. For this series of exercises students are encouraged to think outside the basics. There’s a lot of creativity to explore, here’s your opportunity to share the things that you find intriguing.
Music and words can each resonate with an individual but when they are combined they can become even more powerful. In this activity students will evaluate social acceptance and inherent messages within the lyrics of a song of their choice. Endeavor to listen beyond what is expressed in the lyrics to determine if there is an underlying theme or message encoded in the song. Remember that there are many sites on the internet that offer song lyrics in case you can’t figure out all the words.
- Why did you choose this song instead of another?
- Are these lyrics meaningful to all of today’s listeners?
- Will your lyrics have any special meaning to listeners a generation from now?
If you want to explore some music from other generations, here’s an auditory sampling of popular American music from the twentieth century (these are brief snippets):
Listen to Top Songs of the: 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s
Some of the links don’t appear to work anymore – try searching YouTube (Links to an external site.) for something which appeals to you! If you select a song in a different language please provide lyrics in English and a link to the song in the original language so I can both understand it and hear it.
- Select a song of your choice and identify the title, artist, and release date – include lyrics or a link to the song if possible. (10 points)
- Consider if the meaning of the lyrics will be affected by the passage of time and explain the meaning or message of the song lyrics. Remember to think about implied meanings as well as expressed ones. (10 points)
- Your post should be a minimum of 250+ words and you should cite resources used. (5 points)
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|