Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length.
- Choose one of the clips from the “Editing” section and analyze the use of editing in one short paragraph. In your analysis, describe the transitions between specific shots and the overall effect this has on the scene.
- Choose one of the clips from the “Cinematography” section and analyze the use of cinematography in one short paragraph. In your analysis, describe the way specific shots are composed, paying particular attention to the camera angles, types of shots, framing, color, and the overall effect this has on the scene.
- In your discussion, evaluate the dramatic impact of the scene and interpret the scene based on your analysis. In your view, what mood, symbolism, or meaning results from the scene’s creative editing and cinematography?
- Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. You must use at least two outside sources, in any combination of embedded video clips, still photos, or scholarly sources. All sources should be documented in APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Please view the video Posting in a Discussion in Canvas (Links to an external site.) for guidance on how to integrate multimedia with your response.
Editing: Visual transitions between shots that work to move the story forward.
- The Baptism Murders – The Godfather (8/9) Movie Clip (1972) HD (Links to an external site.)
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (4/5) Movie Clip – Klaatu’s Speech (1951) HD (Links to an external site.)
- A Beautiful Mind (4/11) Movie Clip – Nash Cracks the Code (2011) HD (Links to an external site.)
- The Shower – Psycho (5/12) Movie Clip (1960) HD (Links to an external site.)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) – Beyond the Infinite Scene (5/6) | Movieclips (Links to an external site.)
Cinematography: Camera angles, types of shots, framing, and color all working to set a particular mood.
- The Long Take: Goodfellas (Links to an external site.)
- Manhattan – The Bridge Scene (Links to an external site.)
- Miriam’s Last Breath – Strangers on a Train (4/10) Movie Clip (1951) (Links to an external site.)
- Moonrise Kingdom (3/10) Movie Clip – Running Away Together (2012) HD (Links to an external site.)
- Do the Right Thing (1/10) Movie Clip – Today’s Forecast (1989) HD (Links to an external site.)
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|