In 2016, Brock Turner made national headlines related to his sexual assault and subsequent 6 month sentence. As a refresher, you can view an article related to the case here: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/us/sexual-assault-brock-turner-stanford/index.html
Additionally, you can find the victim’s powerful and graphic impact statement here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroom/newsreleases/Documents/B-Turner%20VIS.pdf
- Search the Internet for more information regarding the Turner case, including his trial, sentence, and subsequent media response.
- Search the Internet for another more recent sexual assault on a college-campus (nationwide). Research that case, the facts, the trial, and the outcome.
- Review the statistics related to on-campus sexual assaults found here: https://www.rainn.org/statistics/campus-sexual-violence
Based on your research and utilizing the proper terminology from your textbook, answer the following questions:
- Do you agree with the sentence given to Brock Turner? Why or why not?
- Did the punishment in the case you chose seem to match Mr. Turner’s? If so, why? If not, what factors do you think led to a higher/lower sentence?
- Imagine you are a legislator. Would you recommend a law that presumes any sexual activity between college students was not consensual absent a written and signed consent statement? Why or why not?
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|