Public Health Implications of Disasters
Week 8 – Complex Humanitarian Emergencies
Complex humanitarian emergencies are typically found outside the United States and include the end result of famine and war. These two entities displace large populations, create refugee camps and lead to a breakdown of society as we know it. The medical, public health and incident management approach to these incidents is completely different than to most other disasters because these are slow-moving beasts which typically last for years and create casualty counts in the 6 to 7 figures or greater. They cannot be solved with a single decision or the input of a single organization or country. Fred Burkle is considered to be one of the top researchers in the world on this topic. I think you will enjoy his work.
1. Frederick Burkle. Complex Emergencies: An Introduction. Burkle.pdf
2. Michael VanRooyen et al. Emerging Needs. VanRooyen2.pdf
1. Benjamin Starnes. Peacekeeping and Stability Operations: A Military Surgeon’s Perspective. Starnes military surgeon.pdf
1. The Van Rooyen article lists emerging issues and future trends for the provision of humanitarian aid in complex humanitarian emergencies. Choose three of these and describe how they are being handled or have been handled at any complex humanitarian emergency outside the United States within the last 15 years. Again, choose a unique event from your classmates so that we can enrich ourselves with a greater degree of education rather than having everyone talk about the same two or three events.
– APA Style
– Kindly, answer all questions clearly and completely.
– 3 references at least.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|