I’m stuck on DFC 640 Lab parts 2 and 3 which needs 1 GPG lap report and a final incident response report. Seems that what I did at first wasn’t correct. I’ve done the labs and have some other docs that I’ve been working on. Need some help in the GPG and final incident response report. I’ve attached the following:
In the prior project, you used network forensics to inform an incident report detailing how you captured, recorded, and analyzed events that occurred on a network. Based on this analysis, you determined that there has been a breach of the network.
Gathering this information is only the first step. Next, you must use the network forensic evidence you gathered to understand how the attack was conducted to better understand exactly what took place during the attack. There are several ways to identify the source of attacks. One of the challenges with network forensics is making sense of the data, which often comes from multiple sources, not to mention the fact that incidents of interest may occur at different times.
In this project, you will analyze suspicious software in a virtualized environment to determine whether the code is in fact malware.
The final report will summarize how you used your knowledge and skills in malware forensics to analyze the attack and determine what occurred and when. It will also offer recommendations on ways to improve the organization’s defense posture and response.
This project consist of five steps:
- Steps 1 through 4 consist of analyzing the network intrusion for a possible malware attack. As you proceed, document your research and findings.
- In step 5, you will compile your analysis and findings to complete a comprehensive incident response report.
You have completed your malware investigation and collected the information you need. It is time to write a final incidence response report for your organization’s leaders, network administrators, and security operations team.
Your report should include
- your lab report and analysis of the FTK lab
- your lab report and analysis from the lab
- your determination of what occurred and when
- recommendations on how the organization can improve security in light of your findings
When you are finished, submit your final incident response report to your organization’s security operations manager (your instructor) using the dropbox below.
Before you submit your assignment, review the competencies below, which your instructor will use to evaluate your work. A good practice would be to use each competency as a self-check to confirm you have incorporated all of them in your work.
- 5.6: Use of multiple digital forensic tools and techniques for imaging.
- 5.7: Use forensic tools and techniques to carry out an email investigation.
- 6.1: Perform report creation, affidavit creation, and preparation to testify.
- 6.2: Demonstrate ability to investigate mobile technology.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|