Psychologists and sociologists have developed multiple theories to explain criminal behavior and the circumstances that might lead one into a life of crime. Some of these theories include the Strain theory, Differential Association theory, Delinquent Subcultures theory, Cultural Transmission theory, Differential Opportunity theory, Social Control theory, and Ethnic Succession theory. As a team, choose and present one of the sociological theories.
Create an 8- to-10 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you develop and present to the class a summary of this sociological theory. Your presentation should:
- Define speculative and empirical theory.
- Is the chosen theory a speculative or empirical theory? How do you know?
- Summarize the key aspects of this theory.
- How does this theory relate to organized criminal behavior?
- Why do you believe this theory offers the strongest explanation for organized criminal activities? Explain.
Record your presentation with Bongo.
Refer to the How to Complete Group Project section of the Bongo Support page, and follow the instructions on how to record your video.
Review the other Learning Team presentations, and respond to them within Bongo. Refer to the Peer Review Support Page for information on how to provide feedback on your classmates’ presentation.
Note: Click on Bongo Access under the Course Syllabus.
Consider the following criteria when providing constructive feedback and offer suggestions on improving the presentation:
- Was the presentation informative?
- Do you have a clear understanding of the presentation topic?
- Was the presentation organized and easy to follow?
- Did the presentation follow a logical structure?
- Was the presentation clear and engaging?
- Did you understand who is to be involved in the project, what will be done, how it will be done, and why the project is needed?
- Did your classmates’ Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides support the presentation?
- If any visual aids were used, were they instructionally sound or distracting?
- Did the presenter speak clearly and authoritatively?
- Do you have any suggestions/comments on the pace, speaking style, posture, and tone of the presenter?
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|