In this week’s Discussion, you evaluated strengths and weaknesses of using a behavioral/cognitive approach with a client. In this Application, you are asked to evaluate a client using a specific behavioral/cognitive approach.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Bring to mind what you have learned in the past two weeks about cognitive and RET theories and their respective theoretical approaches. Select one of these approaches on which to base this assignment.
- Review Client Profile 2: Aaron in this week’s Learning Resources, and think about how you might use your chosen approach with this client.
- Review the course text readings and the media segments for this week, paying attention to how the experts use a specific theoretical orientation, or approach, to evaluate a client.
- In a 1- to 3-page paper, critically evaluate the client in Client Profile 2 using either a cognitive or RET approach. Make sure you address:
- The strengths and limitations to using this approach with this client
- The specific cultural/gender/age issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The ethical or legal issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The overall therapeutic goal with this client
- How you would proceed with this client:
- How would you begin?
- What would be the goals of therapy?
- What specific strategies and/or techniques might you use?
References:Corey, G. (2009). Case approach to counseling and psychotherapy (8th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson Brooks/Cole.Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2006). Counseling and psychotherapy theories: Case study: A CBT/behavioral therapy perspective. Baltimore: Author.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|