In this week, you will complete an annotated bibliography for a position paper that will be due in Week 5. Choosing what area you would like to study in addictions begins with examining the following areas related to the course competencies:
- Major psychological theories and principles in the field of addictions
- Historical link to modern issues and trends in the field of addictions
- Current and evolving trends in the field of addictions
- Nature of geographic, social, cognitive, and emotional factors in the development, course, and duration of addictions
- Differences in patterns of addiction in the context of gender and developmental issues
- Illegal and legal substance use issues regarding physical, social, and psychological effects
- Impact of treatment and prevention methods on the incidence, course, and duration of addictive behaviors
Use this as a guide when choosing research articles.
Note: This is a course on psychology. Therefore, the research should relate to addictions but from a psychological perspective and not a purely the medical related discussion on the disorders and conditions.
Choose a topic mentioned above. Using the South University Online Library database (ProQuest or EBSCOHOST), find six journal articles related to the topic. You must use scholarly journals (i.e., peer reviewed articles). You should not use web pages, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, and other books for this assignment. Also, the research articles used must be current (i.e., within the last five years).
Based on your research, create a document that includes:
- A summary for each of the journal articles found. (i.e., 1-2 paragraphs) of the resource (e.g., What were the goals of this article? What conclusions were made? In short, provide enough details so that anyone would be able to understand the general purpose of the article.)
- An analysis and evaluation for each of the journal articles found. (e.g., How does the information in this article correlate with information from the course? How is the information from the article similar/different from the course? WHY? What is the significance of the information from this article? HOW can this information be helpful and meaningful? WHY is this information important? HOW does the information contribute to the field of research?)
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|