“The Middle East continues to be a great success story in the aviation industry. Aviation growth in the region has already outpaced the global average and is expected to continue its rocketing development supported by a variety of growth strategies including alliances, partnerships, increased activity of low cost carriers, and, of course, fleet expansions” (FLTechnics Training, 2014, para 2). It takes people to address the shortages in the aviation industry, so, “will the inability to timely address the shortage of qualified, locally trained maintenance talent bring the ongoing growth to a stop” (FLTechnics Training, 2014, para 1)?
In this Journal activity, address the following items in your response:
- Review the article from your Module 8 readings, Will workforce issues sink the Middle Eastern aviation industry?
- Provide an answer to the question the author presents in this article, “…will the inability to timely address the shortage of qualified, locally trained maintenance talent bring the ongoing growth to a stop” (FL Technics Training, 2014, para 1)? Support your answer with supporting details and explain your opinion.
To address learning objectives in this module and to increase your understanding of cultural diversity within the aviation industry, read the following resources. The first three are general information about the function of unions. The last two resources are reports that will supplement assignments going forward. As you read, think about aircraft maintenance workforces regionally, nationally, and internationally. Consider where tomorrow’s business aviators will come from, and how to train them.
From the Web:
- The Perfect Storm of Aviation Work Force Issues (Links to an external site.) (PDF): This article discusses aviation work force issues. The 21st century has brought a greater awareness that large retirements of prior generations is unfolding. U.S. demographics are changing, and the rising demands of the world aviation employee numbers will impact the economy, politics, and technology.
- Will workforce issues sink the Middle Eastern aviation industry? (Links to an external site.) (PDF): The Middle East continues to be a success story in aviation. There is a regional workforce dilemma due to the shortage of qualified, local, trained maintenance workforce.
- Aviation Workforce: Filling the Jobs is a Big Job (Links to an external site.) (PDF): This article discusses the challenge to maintaining an excellent workforce in aviation maintenance.
- Growing People off the Spreadsheet (Links to an external site.) (PDF): This article discusses the importance of building and maintaining a skilled workforce in aviation Maintenance.
- House Small Business Committee, Contracting and Workforce Subcommittee Hearing on the Aviation Workforce Shortage Impact on Small Businesses (Links to an external site.)
From the Federal Aviation Industry:
- U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration Aviation Safety Workforce Plan 2015 (PDF) (Links to an external site.): “This is the FAA’s eighth annual update to the Aviation Safety (AVS) Workforce Plan. The FAA issued the first comprehensive AVS workforce plan in March 2006. It provides staffing estimates for all of the FAA’s AVS services and offices as well as actual on-board levels as of September 2014. This 2015 report incorporates changes in aircraft fleet and operations forecasts, inspector and engineer retirements and other factors” (FAA, n.d., Scope of Report Section, para 1).
- Aviation Safety Fiscal Year 2016 Business Plan (Links to an external site.)(PDF): This document discusses the Federal Aviation Administrations business plan for 2015. The focus is placed on three areas: operational safety, standards and policy, and certification.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|